Intercity is a series published on Walking Talking, inspired by the new Scotrail trains connecting Scotland’s seven cities.
The first part of this series featured a walk in each of Scotland’s seven cities, involving a street or series of streets that readily came to my mind when thinking of each city.
- Intercity: Glasgow (Broomielaw)
- Intercity: Stirling (walk to the castle)
- Intercity: Edinburgh (High Street)
- Intercity: Dundee (Tannadice Street/Sandeman Street)
- Intercity: Perth (walk by the Tay)
- Intercity: Inverness (walk by the River Ness)
- Intercity: Aberdeen (Union Street)
The second part of the series, which started in June 2019, featured walks in some of Scotland’s bigger towns and a second in some of the cities too. The selection of towns was inspired by some artwork in the foyer of the Scottish National Portrait Gallery with Paisley substituted for Kirkwall.
- Glasgow II (St. Vincent Place)
- Edinburgh II (Leith Walk)
- Stirling II (St. John Street and Spittal Street)
- Dundee II (Commercial Street)
- St. Andrews
- Aberdeen II (Esplanade)
The third part of the series featured occasional walks in the spring and summer of 2021 in other cities and towns in Scotland.
2. Dublin Street, Edinburgh